What is CrossWind About?
CrossWind Community Church is an Intercultural church that welcomes families and individuals of all races and diverse backgrounds engaged in the foundational purposes of the church of Jesus Christ . These purposes are authentic community, worship as a lifestyle, spiritual growth, generosity and outreach.
Why is CrossWind an Intercultural Church?
Intercultural vs Multicultural
In a multicultural group, the focus is on the different cultural backgrounds of the people that were joined together. An intercultural group on the other hand, is formed by people of different cultural backgrounds forged by a common identity with a focus on fulfilling a single mission. “Multicultural” celebrates diversity. “Intercultural” celebrates unity in the midst of diversity.
- Starts with commonality and invites diversity.
- Differences are not highlighted but rather diminished in favor of common ground.
- Members are driven by mission, not cultural background.
- Diversity is a strengthening factor, not a limiting one.
- Defined by an identity and purpose that transcend race and culture.
- S - Seek (Evangelism)(Luke 19:10)
- S - Strengthen (Discipleship and Assimilation)(Acts 14:22)
- S - Send (Missions)(Matthew 10:16, 28:19)
Our Vision Statement
”Love God Fully. Love Others Unconditionally.”
Our Mission Statement
Strengthen families in Metro Denver and beyond by making disciples.
Our Core Values
- Authentic Community.
- Worship as a Lifestyle
- Spiritual Growth
- Generosity and Good Stewardship
- Missions and Outreach
- C – Climate of Acceptance (Romans 15:7)
- R – Redemptive Preaching (Romans 1:16; James 1:22, Acts 20:27)
- O – Organization Kept Simple (Luke 5:37)
- S – Spiritual Development Process (Ephesians 4:13-15)
“Every member becomes a minister”. “Discipleship a core program”.
- S – Servant Leadership (Hebrews 13:7; 1 Corinthians 11:1)
- W – Winsome Gospel Presentation (1 Corinthians 9:22-23)
“Winsome to win some.”
Seeker-sensitive; Simple; Non-confrontational; Relevant
- I – Ignite Groups (Acts 5:42) – CrossWind’s “brand” of small groups.
- N – Neighborhood Outreach (Acts 1:8)
- D – Develop the next generation. (Example: Filipino-American youth as bridge) (1 Timothy 4:12)