Welcome to CrossWind Community Church! If you have already worshipped with us or just looking to find out more about us, my prayer is for you to have a meaningful encounter with Jesus through our church. You may ask, what makes CrossWind different from any other Christ-centered, Bible-believing church? To be honest, I am not really sure what does.
Surprised by the answer? Well, instead of talking about what makes us different or unique, let me start by telling you what we are all about. Sounds good?
We are an intercultural church with a tag line: "Love God Fully. Love Others Unconditionally". Our mission and vision are described in these words: "To Advance the Kingdom of God by the Fulfillment of Christ's Great Commission Through all Generations". We fulfill Jesus’ mission of seeking and saving the lost by engaging families and communities. We are about loving people, after all, everyone is precious in God’s eyes and created in His own image. STRENGTHEN - We strengthen new believers in Jesus by establishing them on a path of growth in their relationship with Him. SEND – We are a missional church that reaches out to our community and the world with the Gospel of Jesus.
So, it is not what “makes us different” that matters but rather the “difference that we can make” for Jesus through the power of His Holy Spirit.
How then do we accomplish our mission? The answer is simple, by following the model of the early New Testament church in the Bible. We do that by engaging in the five foundational purposes of the church of Jesus:
- Devote Ourselves to Authentic Community – We are not a place people go to but rather a family anyone can belong to. A family is where someone is welcomed, loved, encouraged and even celebrated!
- Develop a lifestyle of Worship – We recognize that we are wired to worship God Who is the Author of life and fount of every blessing. Therefore, we are to cultivate a culture of both personal and corporate worship.
- Commit To Spiritual Growth – Life is about growing and spiritual life is about spiritual growth. Spiritual growth leads to transformation. Growth toward spiritual maturity can be achieved by spending personal time with God in both studying the Bible and prayer.
- Embrace Stewardship And A Generous Lifestyle – Our God is a generous God. He loved us so much that He gave Jesus. Jesus gave Himself as a sacrifice and paid the highest price on the cross to save us. We are after the heart of Jesus, a generous heart willing to give back to God and to anyone in need.
- Engage in Sharing God’s Love and the Gospel with Others – We endeavor to fulfill Christ’s Great Commission by sharing the greatest message of hope to our generation and the next. We believe in the power of the Gospel, the New Testament word that encapsulate the message of salvation through Jesus. It is the message that…
God loves mankind and has a wonderful plan for every individual born in this world.
Sin has separated man from God, leading to spiritual death. Only God can provide a way for us to be reunited with Him.
God sent His Son, Jesus Christ as a ransom to free us from our sins through His death on the cross of Calvary. God accepted Jesus’ sacrifice as perfect and raised Him from the dead.
We can accept God’s offer of salvation and enter eternal life by repenting of our sins, trusting in Jesus, believing that His finished work at Calvary is enough to save us, and inviting Him to be the Lord and Savior of our lives.
I hope this gives you a better picture of CrossWind and that you will consider us as your church family. You may email me or connect through Facebook both to my personal account and our church page. However, nothing beats meeting with you face to face - say, over a cup of coffee? God bless you and please let us know how we could be of service and even pray for you.